I use the “Davis” theme on this site. It’s minimal and plain and has a built in dark-mode, which I’ve set as the default – my preference to be honest, eventually I’ll add a theme changer like on the old site. It does everything I need it to so far! I will eventually extend it but for now everything I need is there.
An update recently came out for it (1.13 >1.14) which changed a few things. The header in the banner across the top changed, as well as the headers used in posts. They’re now more standardised and “correct” according to the HTML spec, which is great. Unfortunately I decided to update the theme before realising these changes were implemented and it messed up a couple of my custom CSS rules.
I think I’ve fixed the issues now, but it goes to show that even on something as simple and minor as this blog, you should test your changes in dev before pushing them to production!
Leave a Reply